For use on 2, 4, 6, 8 Ohm and 70 Volt distributed audio systems. The TPD-AmpPro-250 and TPD-AmpPro-1000 are both two channel high performance surge and lightning protectors capable of protecting a 250 watt or 1000 watt max RMS/channel. Protect a stereo receiver or amplifier from lightning & surges on speaker wire pathways. This unit provides multistage protection to two pairs of wires. It can also be used with mono systems such as public address systems driving up to two speakers (e.g. custom home, hotels, bus/train stations, parks) which typically use 70.7/100 volt public address systems.
For use on 2/4/6/8 Ohm and 70V Distributed Audio Systems
Multistage Hybrid Design
Primary: 7 Amp Fuse
Secondary: 100 Volt Max Varistor Array
Strength: 3000 Amps per Wire
Ten Year Unlimited Free Replacement
Response Time: < 1 nanosecond
Din-Rail or Screw-Down Mount Indoors or In Enclosure if Exposed to Weather
Protect Outdoor Speaker Pathways Back to Amplifiers
• Count the number of outdoor speakers/channels that leave the structure and their max wattage per channel.
• Use TPD-AmpPro-250 for two-channel protection on all systems under 250 watts per channel.
• Use TPD-AmpPro-1000 for two-channel protection on all systems under 1000 watts per channel.
• Use TPD-AmpPro-4000 for the strongest and best protecting one-channel protection unit with a maximum of 4000 watts per channel.
• Units should be installed as the wires leave the house, assuring that the amplifier and wiring are protected inside the house.
• The units can also be placed next to the speaker to protect that end of the line.
The TPD-AmpPro series offers the highest quality speaker line protection available. Strategically protect speaker wire pathways that are driving outdoor speakers. Installing the TPD-AmpPro will reduce damage caused by surges that enter on speaker pathways and destroy amplifiers and receivers. Lighting will not only destroy electrical equipment but it can also destroy wiring.